I recently provided the makeup for The Good Fashion Show at St Peters Church in Brighton. This was a fantastic event promoting local, sustainable fashion brands such as Ruby Moon, Madia and Matilda and Ilk and Earnie. The show raised money for the tearfund matched giving project which is supporting the clean up of slums in Pakistan. Here’s just a selection of images from the evening.
Our vibrant peacock inspired shoot has been featured in An Unconventional Wedding!
Check it out here: https://unconventionalwedding.co.uk/peacock-inspired-wedding/
I’m offering a special introductory price of £20 at the beautiful new clinic The Sussex Sanctuary in Heathfield on Tuesday 8th May 2018.
So what are HD Brows?
HD Brows is a seven step brow shaping treatment including tinting, waxing, threading and finishing techniques to create perfectly defined brows for your face shape. Whether your brows are over plucked or simply unruly, this treatment can help you.
Can anyone have the treatment?
A patch test is required 48 hours before the treatment to check you will have no reaction to the tint. The treatment can be tailored to suit your individual needs to remove the tinting section if required.
How long is the appointment?
Each appointment takes approximately 45 minutes and includes a mini makeup lesson to give you tips on grooming and filling in your brows at home.
Do you sell the HD Brows products?
I will soon be a virtual stockist and I will have all of the official HD Brow products available for us to try at your appointment including the popular Browtec pencil.
What if my brows are barely there?
I can still help you! You’ll be amazed at what can be done to make the most of barely there brows and the HD Brow regrowth programme is designed to help you grow in areas which might have been previously over plucked or waxed.
Is this treatment Permanent?
No. The HD treatment uses tint and various hair removal methods to create the desired shape. This is different from microblading which is a semi-permanent technique.
How long does the treatment last?
The effects of the treatment generally last 4-6 weeks. However, this can vary depending on your hair growth.
Want to know more? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Professional Beauty Show
This year’s Professional Beauty Show was packed with makeup demonstrations, seminars and live stages and hosted 800 cosmetic and skincare brands.
I saw the preparations for a live stage by Airbase who created some vibrant peacock inspired body art (picture below) and then attended a wedding makeup demonstration sponsored by Mii Cosmetics on current bridal trends for beautiful bridal and bridal party makeup.
With the demand on ethical and organic cosmetics bigger than ever, it was fascinating to listen to a talk on organic, natural and vegan makeup options.
Of course I also took full advantage of the show offers and bought some lovely new products for my kit including new brushes, eyeshadow palettes and brow products.
Here’s a few pictures from the day.
Return to Home Page.
5 Minute Makeup for the Busy Mum
As a mum, taking time in the morning to do anything than run a comb through your hair and throw on a pair of leggings and a baggy top from yesterday is a luxury of the past. As a mum myself I know oh too well how little time there is in the morning with a baby around. I never thought I would consider the simple task of washing and drying my hair an indulgent treat!
So when I was asked to do a Mother’s Day makeup editorial for the March edition of Support Local magazine, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to share with all the new mums out there a quick, easy morning routine that will make you look and feel fresh faced (despite the lack of sleep) and most importantly one that is actually achievable in 5 minutes flat with a baby on one hip and a toddler around your ankles.
So here it is, my 5 step guide:
- Firstly, I cannot stress enough the importance of a good skincare routine. Half the battle to looking fresh faced in the morning is looking after your skin. Use a gentle cleanser, I like Liz Earle’s cleanse and polish (which comes with a handy muslin cloth to gently exfoliate and polish your skin at the same time…Winner!). A quick swipe of toner (opt for alcohol-free) over your face with a cotton wool pad will remove any lasting impurities before applying a simple moisturiser. Apply to your face and neck and let it soak in for a minute or two. This will help your makeup sit nice and evenly on your skin.
- A tinted moisturiser is great if you want to kill two birds with one stone but if you like a little more coverage apply a layer of foundation over your whole face and pop a little concealer on any inevitable dark circles from those sleepless nights. Applying concealer at the inside corner of your eyes and pressing into the skin with your ring finger does wonders for brightening up the eye area.
- For a quick brow tidy, brush up through your brows in the direction of growth and fill any gaps with a brow (or even eyeshadow) powder which to me always looks softer and more natural than a sharp pencil.
- A quick way to make your eyes stand out without spending ages perfecting a pristine liner is to use a soft, waxy pencil or gel liner with a brush and line the upper waterline of your eyes in black or dark brown. This little trick takes two seconds and not only gives your eyes definition but also makes your lashes look instantly thicker. Slather on a few coats of mascara and voila!
- Forget the contour and bronzing tones and gently sweep a powder blush onto the apples of your cheeks and sweeping outwards to bring a pop of colour to your face. When choosing a colour pick something close to the colour of your cheeks when they naturally flush. Laura Mercier do a great range of powder blush in natural skin tones which I love. And for a quick boost of colour and moisture for your lips, Dior Addict Lip Glow is my go to on a busy morning. This feels and acts like a balm but gives a natural flush of colour with a subtle shine.
So there you have it, beautifully modelled by mum of one (soon to be two) Ruby. Photography by Chris Hogben Photography, www.chrishogben.co.uk. To view the full issue, click here.
I recently exhibited at a new wedding fayre pop-up at the beautiful One Warwick Park hotel to meet the lovely brides-to-be of Tunbridge Wells.
The Wedding Fayre was held in the hotel’s new function room which can be accessed from Chapel Place, just over the road from the Pantiles.
I met some beautiful and unique wedding suppliers and even picked up a few photography tips from fab local wedding photographer Leanna Catherine.
The Wedding Fayre was organised by Support Local which runs monthly pop-up events in Tunbridge Wells to showcase local talent. Keep an eye out for my own feature in next month’s issue.
This event was a great success. Thanks to all the lovely couples who came to say hello and booked their bridal trials with me!
I attended the Fross Wedding Collections Sample Sale on 6 January 2018 which gave me a perfect opportunity to browse all of their gorgeous dresses and meet some lovely brides who were planning their weddings this year. It evoked memories of planning my own wedding six years ago and the moment I found my perfect dress along with five (yes five!) bridesmaid dresses.
So as a little treat for Fross customers I have decided to run an exclusive bridal makeup discount. I’m offering 50% off the price of bridal makeup trials when you buy your dress at Fross Wedding Collections. Just quote ‘Fross’ when booking!
I recently teamed up with good friend (and owner of LDT Semi-Permanent Aesthetics) Lara Tonkin to organise an exclusive Secret Sale for a group of fantastic local health and beauty businesses. The event was held in November at the Pink Cabbage Produce Company, a cute and quirky little coffee shop and supper club venue in East Sussex.
Guests were treated to prosecco and chocolates whilst they browsed the exclusive deals on offer from nine local beauty businesses including sports massage and osteopathy, nutrition, beauty therapy, manicure and pedicure, personal training, makeup, reflexology and even a beautiful jewellery trunk show from our local Stella and Dot stylist.
I offered a reduction of 25% off the price of makeovers, lessons and masterclass parties on the evening and I got to chat to some lovely, local ladies interested in special occasion makeup both for Christmas and 2018 weddings.
Guests each took away a goodie bag with them which included further discounts and hair and beauty samples supplied by the Hair Studio in Mayfield and local Arbonne Consultant Sarah Graham-Hart.
The event was a great success and it was so much fun working with Lara and meeting so many fantastic local businesses. We hope to organise another event in the future so watch this space!
Thanks go to: